D4T

Aug 2, 2021
Bryant, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just built my pool and have had water in it a couple of weeks. The water was clear up until 2 days ago. It started to get a little hazy and then after a really hot day it turned greenish and my steps are stained from the water line down.

I am running tricolor tabs in the aqua genie chlorine feeders at .5 ppm and had (until reading here) a blue pool rx ball.

My PH and CH were tanked. I've brought my numbers up over the last couple of days to this...

FAS DPD 8
PH 8
TA 50
CH 150
CYA 30

I've noticed the recommended numbers in the Taylor kit don't quite jive with the Pool Calculator number. Should I set the pool calculator to reflect the Taylor numbers?

Looks like you are using the K2006 test kit? Be sure to add that to your signature.
We follow Recommended Levels. If by Pool Calculator you mean PoolMath, just use the levels in it for a starting point. Your pool may vary some from the populated targets, but that is OK.

Have you reviewed SLAM Process? Sounds like you need to follow that. Be sure to use the FC/CYA Levels

Reactions: D4T
I have not studied the SLAM process yet. The pool calculator I loaded was recommended on here somewhere, but doesn't appear to the the PoolMath you sited.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-104216_Pool Calculator.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-104216_Pool Calculator.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 3
Can you post a picture? You said the water was hazy then green. You also said you had a copper device in the water. Also the pH was 'tanked'. How did you raise it? You have a vinyl liner so CH is not relevant.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did the steps stain when you added the soda ash? Why just the steps? Or are they white and the liner a darker color?

That would put copper in pretty quickly. But first see if it is iron. Take a handful of vitamin C tablets, put them in a thin sock, crush them a bit, and set the sock on the step. If iron, it should wash away quickly. If copper, it might look worse.

Reactions: D4T
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.