Stained pool?

if vit-c did not help, it's not iron...you said they just appeared in the last 2 weeks..so, something was added to the pool. You need to ask your pool guy, very nonchalantly, what he's applied in the last 2-3 weeks?

Did you have any green algae or other in your pool? if so, I'm leaning towards copper stains if he applied an algaecide...however, do the tests as posted in #11 and let us know what you determine...

Finally, you have to order a TF-100 test kit...forget the other pool tests..we also need a Calcium Hardness [CH] test too...if that's really high, it could be scale, but not a rough scale or calcium deposit, however, Ca stains don't manifest in 2 weeks unless someone dumped massive amts of CA into your pool..

Also, you need to test your fill water too...that should help immensely w your pool maintenance chem's

good luck

UPDATE!
The chlorine tabs helped a bit, so I called in the pool company and we drained the pool, they did an acid wash, and the plaster came up pretty clean -
Not spotless, but enough for the summer, at least -
Recommendation was to refinish, at some point, with mini pebble and that would last a lot longer...
Thanks for all the input, it was all very helpful!

Ah...well...I guess that's one way to handle the stains. Not quite the way we would recommend but as long as you're happy.
I'd recommend following our method from now on out though to avoid those stains again and to help preserve what's left of your plaster for as long as possible.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.