Stain Removal

Jul 11, 2009
Curious if anyone has used a company Poolstainremovers.com for stain removal? They are based out of Utah with multiple places in Florida, Texas and California.
I have a multi-stain situation due to the aftermath of Hurricane Ian and an accumulation of years of pool service by people other than me. Since im not here year round I have a weekly service and they use pucks & liquid chlorine.
I think the multi-stain issue is related to my pool cage sitting in the pool along with vegetation, metal screws, roof shingles and concrete tiles. I got all of it out within 3 weeks after the storm and the pool is currently clear and chemicals stable. The staining is primarily orange rust and brown on most of the walls with darker blotches on the bottom.
Think the Asorbic Acid treatment is worth a shot or would a professional who deals with stains provide a better option?
Thanks

If you're going to have pool guys care for your pool, I would tell them to NOT use any products that contain copper. No copper containing pucks nor algaecides.
That may not be your current stain situation but to limit their use will avoid copper staining problems down the road.

Also if you want to try to diagnose it yourself- Stain ID Kit | Jacks Magic

Maddie :flower:

Thanks, I'll try the ascorbic acid process.
I've tried to get them to use Polyquat only but its nearly impossible when they are servicing so many pools to not use what they use on everyone else's pool. Don't know what they use but I'm pretty certain algaecide contains copper.
I take care of everything n the pool up North because I'm there all summer - BBB method, proper testing reagents. I open it and pay to close it but i do all the chemicals on close.
Thanks for the quick response and guidance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.