Stain on liner water line - not shifting - thoughts?

Richard_S

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
SW France
Having just opened up the pool for the summer, I noted a black speckling at the water line and above the water line. The pool has been SLAMed and is all clear and I have tried to shift the mark with a magic sponge, which in the past worked...Like magic....but this year I cannot shift the marks.

1) is this a particular mould that needs a different way of cleaning it?
2) is this what happens to old (10yrs) pool liners and is the beginning of the end, which will require replacement of the whole liner?

Many thanks for any thoughts/help.

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 25
Darn! I was hoping this was the first time you used them :(

We sure do not want to "hurt" the liner. Lets do a little playing with some things and see if any of them work:

-Vit C tablet-rub it on the spots and see what happens (I am not expecting much but it is cheap to try)

-chlorine puck-get it wet and rub it on the spots.

-last and be VERY careful-1/6 muratic acid/water..........with plain water ready to rinse right away!

Or live with it as it does not affect how your liner works-holding in cool, pretty water!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.