Stable pool ladder

Jcmiller

May 21, 2020
West Monroe, La
Pool is finally up, liner is in (after The brand new original liner came in with a “manufacture defect” we found after 2 ft of water was added to the pool), skimmer is in and this ladder makes me extremely nervous. My kids and myself installed the ladder yesterday and I am not comfortable with the stability it lacks. What recommendation do you all have and why? I’ve seen the bleach containers with sand that seems less messy and less headache when removing ladder for off season. I’ve also heard the ladder needs 150lbs of weight to make it as stable as possible. Please help!!

What kind of ladder do you have? If it's those flimsy metal ones that generally come with above ground pools, you want to get rid of that ASAP! I have these steps in my pool, super sturdy and stable.
Of course, you'll have to build steps in the outside. You could also look into Confer ladders -- those are well built and sturdy.

We weight ours with superchlorinated water in the hollow spaces, and weights from a weight set on the legs of the steps. You can still move it around for cleaning, but it's stable when you use it. I think there's something like 50 lbs of weights on each side, for a total of 100 lbs weights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.