jokael

Jun 12, 2023
Denmark
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When using LC, I need to add cya - that much I know.

As of now I have used pucks for cya, but don’t want to use them in our new pool.
When googling for stabilizer in Denmark, only one type can be found.
But they have this warning:

“May only be used if HTH chlorine is used. It is extremely important that you only add the right amount of chlorine, otherwise a chlorine lock will form.”

Is it the wrong product to use?

When using LC, I need to add cya - that much I know.

As of now I have used pucks for cya, but don’t want to use them in our new pool.
When googling for stabilizer in Denmark, only one type can be found.
But they have this warning:

“May only be used if HTH chlorine is used. It is extremely important that you only add the right amount of chlorine, otherwise a chlorine lock will form.”

Is it the wrong product to use?

Can you please post a link to the product in question ?

That claim doesn’t make much sense but they may be warning the user to avoid using both granular stabilizer (cyanuric acid) and stabilized chlorine (dichlor/trichlor) or else the CYA levels will shoot up causing the amount of active chlorine to be too low for sanitation. “Chlorine Lock” is just a made up industry tern for having too much CYA in the pool water.

Can you please post a link to the product in question ?

That claim doesn’t make much sense but they may be warning the user to avoid using both granular stabilizer (cyanuric acid) and stabilized chlorine (dichlor/trichlor) or else the CYA levels will shoot up causing the amount of active chlorine to be too low for sanitation. “Chlorine Lock” is just a made up industry tern for having too much CYA in the pool water.
Klor Stabilisator, 1 kg - Udespa & Living

I think you are right - HTH is unstabilized and the most popular chlorine for “serious pool owners” in Denmark, but only available as granulate here.

It’s ok to use granular CYA to raise your stabilizer level but you need to use liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite) at some point. As long as you have a source of liquid chlorine, then it’s ok. But if liquid chlorine is not available, then you need to use granular chlorine products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.