lindsaygib

Jun 28, 2022
Las Vegas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last time I read my cya levels, about a month ago, it was barely reading at 30. I feel like it’s dropped more then that and I can only read up to 30 on my tester so I went to add a pound of stabalizer to hopefully maintain it around 30 for the winter. I have such a small amount of stabilizer(granules) left that it was easy enough to pour it into a skimmer sock over the pool so any residual dust from the bag would fall into the pool but when I went to tie it about a quarter cup of stabilizer fell out directly into the pool. I don’t know what to do. My pool is plaster and the water temp is about 38. I tried to use my brush to pull some to the surface but it just goes everywhere. And the water is way too cold to hand vacuum it up and clean the filters, my hands are freezing as it is. My side suction pool vacuum is on and it’ll probably get small amounts at a time but I’m hoping it’s such small amounts that they’ll dissolve before any damage can be done?? Any advice is appreciated. I hope I’m just overthinking this.
Thank you!!

I doubt you'd see any bleaching from that small amount. Which btw isn't enough to even change the cya reading. Not much you can do, however, at this point.

Reactions: lindsaygib
What you dont get to the main drain the suction cleaner will likely get so just keep it running for a while. Just check back on it later.
I always try to wrap the skimmer sock around the bag opening to prevent spillage but some always finds its way out so I shore my bets by doing it over the grass/rocks instead of on the pool deck.

Reactions: lindsaygib
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.