Sta Rite SR333NA gas pool heater does not light up. Transformer replaced last year and was working

lobes

Sep 28, 2016
West suburbs of Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,

I have a Sta-Rite gas pool heater that does not light up or call for heat when I turn on the heater from the EasyTouch control panel nor from the membrane pad.
Last year my heater wasn't working as well but after I replaced the transformer everything worked fine. I just checked that there is power going to transformer and I checked with a multimeter that around 27 volts are coming out of the transformer.
I recently changed my single speed pool pump to a Calimar Variable speed pool pump and used the existing electrical wiring from the old pool pump. I don't know if that would make a difference as to why the heater is not turning on. I just leave the "Filter Pump" button on the EasyTouch control panel on while I manually control the pump from the pump's control panel.

I guess I'm mostly confused as to how to "Jumper Fireman's switch at terminal board" and not sure how to perform the subsequent steps circled in red.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-31 122319.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-31 122319.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 3
If you open the grey box where the Fenwal device is located you will see the wires from the automation are connected at the very bottom, where the small green and yellow wires with the yellow terminals are connected in this picture:
250px-Fenwal_Flame_Control_Box.jpg

First, be sure that the wire from the Easy Touch to the heater is not damaged, rodents love to chew on them. If no damage, look into the box itself.

Its possible that the original yellow jumper wire was left in the box when the automation was installed and can be reconnected. If not, remove the two small wires and jump the terminals they were connected to with a piece of wire. Or, in the Easy Touch, remove the other end of the wire from the connection and twist them together. If the heater lights up and fires with the pump on, the problem is in the Easy Touch. Most commonly that would indicate a bad water-temperature sensor for the Easy Touch.

Reactions: lobes
If you open the grey box where the Fenwal device is located you will see the wires from the automation are connected at the very bottom, where the small green and yellow wires with the yellow terminals are connected in this picture:
250px-Fenwal_Flame_Control_Box.jpg

First, be sure that the wire from the Easy Touch to the heater is not damaged, rodents love to chew on them. If no damage, look into the box itself.

Its possible that the original yellow jumper wire was left in the box when the automation was installed and can be reconnected. If not, remove the two small wires and jump the terminals they were connected to with a piece of wire. Or, in the Easy Touch, remove the other end of the wire from the connection and twist them together. If the heater lights up and fires with the pump on, the problem is in the Easy Touch. Most commonly that would indicate a bad water-temperature sensor for the Easy Touch.
Thank you so much for your response! I was able to jumper the fireman's switch terminals with some extra wire and now the pool heater is functioning. I just need to manually turn it on/shut it off.
My next step is to try and trace the reason why I can't power the heater from the easy touch panel.
You sir are an internet hero. 🍻

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.