Sta Rite Heater Issue

Shep2047

Jul 10, 2022
Buffalo ny
Hello, I have a sta rite max e therm 333 and am having some problems with it. It powers up and ignites fine however aftet 5 minutes it cuts the heat and the fan keeps running. It cycles 3 times then I get a service heater light and it shuts down. No error lights on the back of the control board. I replaced the thermal regulator and the problem still exists. I pulled the new regulator to see if the new one is bad and the problem still occurred. PLEASE HELP!!

Welcome to TFP.

Look at the LED on the Fenwal module when the heater shuts down and see if it is flashing.

I did not see it flashing. Steady green.

The LED will flash on for 1/4 second, then off for 1/4 second during a fault condition. The pause between fault codes is 3 seconds. The LED light on the Fenwal box can indicate the following problems:
  • Steady on - Internal Control Failure
  • One flash - Air Flow fault
  • Two flashes indicates flame no call for heat, then the Fenwal is detecting a flame current when it shouldn't be
  • Three flashes indicates no flame current being sensed and ignition locked out
1715978590617.png

The LED will flash on for 1/4 second, then off for 1/4 second during a fault condition. The pause between fault codes is 3 seconds. The LED light on the Fenwal box can indicate the following problems:
  • Steady on - Internal Control Failure
  • One flash - Air Flow fault
  • Two flashes indicates flame no call for heat, then the Fenwal is detecting a flame current when it shouldn't be
  • Three flashes indicates no flame current being sensed and ignition locked out
View attachment 573891
So you’re saying it’s not looking good?