SR Smith Typhoon pool slide issue

ctpool18

May 8, 2019
Hartford, CT
Hi all,

I just got the Typhoon slide. It is all installed. The bottom section joint is about 1/8” to 1/4” lower than the top of the slide section on one side. It’s very painful when going down the slide as it causes quite a bump. Seems to be just poor manufacturing.

How can I fix this? Is the slide hollow or solid? Can I take a dremel tool to shave it down to better line up? Other ideas? Thanks.

I would check and see if they would replace the slide before I start cutting on it. Did you install it or did the store install it for you?
Took 6 months to get it from SR Smith. Not optimistic about a replacement. We ordered it ourselves but had pool store mount it to the concrete deck. It finally came in late October last year when we closed the pool and never got to use it until a few days ago when we noticed the issue. It’s basically unuseable until we resolve this. It looks minor but man that bump nails you on the way down.

Is there any way to adjust the fit?

Maybe you can heat the bad part and bend it?

Don't overheat to the point of melting or burning.

A heat gun might work, but keep it moving.

Maybe some sort of sealant can fill in the gap and provide a smooth transition?

Maybe some sort of smooth epoxy?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.