LifeTime Supporter
Mar 13, 2015
Savannah GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well I have taken out the mineral pack and chlorine pack on the Frog system that came with the pool. My family being fair haired, we enjoyed our green locks last season for the last time. I will say, the Frog did keep the pool clear though....
Last December I switched to BBB and M I suppose and the pool looks fabulous. My CYA is high sitting at 70 thanks to Frog and shock, but we get 60+ inches of rain a year here plus a lot of water evaporation in the summer, so I think it will drop over the season. Right now using the T2006, I have it at about a Solo cup of bleach a day to maintain FC of 8....
Still far cheaper than Frog refills, and I am in charge...good feeling for sure.
Thanks everyone for the schooling.

Good job! My pool came with the pool frog hybrid system. Basically your system plus a SWG. It's dead now anyway. Gonna hang out with bleach for a while. Welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CYA should drop pretty quick, especially with the springtime thunderstorms we get here in the south. It sounds like you're on top of things. Enjoy your sparkling pool this year.
The decision to switch to BBB is one I have never regretted.

The CYA should drop pretty quick, especially with the springtime thunderstorms we get here in the south. It sounds like you're on top of things. Enjoy your sparkling pool this year.
The decision to switch to BBB is one I have never regretted.

That's what I was thinking, we get a lot of rain. The pool is 78 right now, and I don't want to push off swimming for a drain and fill. :)

plus a lot of water evaporation in the summer, so I think it will drop over the season.
Just remember, evaporation actually causes CYA to go up, not down.....

The only time CYA goes down (other than the slight drop per month) is when you pump water out of the pool. i.e. rain over fills the pool, you pump out a few inches.

With evaporation the CYA stays in the pool so the concentration goes up slightly as the water evaporates. The CYA then goes back down when you add or rain adds water back to the original level.

With 60+ inches of rain you will be sitting pretty very soon...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.