Spring is here, do you know where your chlorine is?

JJ_Tex

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
For many parts of the country, spring is here with long range forecasts showing 70's and even 80's. Many pools have already reached the 60-degree mark where algae starts to take off, and many more will reach it this week.

Its a bit early, and we will still likely get some sort of winter remaining, but make sure you are properly chlorinated and ready to take on algae. All the stores around me are already stocked up with chlorine and pool supplies so the stores are ready...are you?

Reactions: Newdude and woodyp
My pool looks like poo. I've been so preoccupied with other stuff, and honestly, a bit lazy about my pool, I haven't wanted to touch it. But with some warmer weather coming later this week I have to vacuum the carpet of dirt off of the pool floor. Time for a good pre-spring rectal cleaning - of the pool that is. :)

• Haha
Reactions: JJ_Tex
Our big box stores are still stocking snow shovels and salt. Last night we were at 21° but they're saying mid March will be the end point with earlier then normal warm up. Sort of can't wait after I froze yesterday working on an outdoor pool with temps @32°.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.