Spring Conversion Baquacil to Chlorine

60ppm CYA is fine for now. You can always bring it up slowly using trichlor tablets if you have them.

The SWG will operate at 3000ppm and it’s best to undershoot on salt as everything you add to the pool will add chloride ions.
Thank you 🙏 that was the answer I was hoping for!

I run my CYA at 80 but I get sun from Dawn to Dusk.. I also run my FC at 7 at all times, makes my pool boring because I never have anything to do except check the water and change the pump run time 3 times a year.. :)
I like your thinking and I hope to be on the same..ish schedule as I get all of this under control.:cool:

Reactions: cowboycasey
That should be our new motto -

“TFP - we make pool care … boring 🥱
Reminds me of what I recommended for a motto for my team at work - "We make technology suck less."

Sadly it never caught on.

Another motto from work "without IT, you don't get SH_ _"
ITS TIME! I am so ready to not ever use another Baq product! I have my TFpro test kit and have been using it and the Pool Math calculator. I’ve been reading over all of the great info on the TFP site, the conversion stories and feel like the time is now to green up my water TFP style!
I have kept our pool open this Winter and have not added any Baq products. I have been lowering water before rain showers to help dilute left over Baq while maintaining PH. I have also added some city water a few times.
I have 28 gal of 10% chlorine “Pool Essentials” and feel like I’m ready to do it while time allows and the weather could be much better for the conversion. It’s going to be cloudy for a few days , the temps in the 60’s and PH is 7.3 recently!
Positive encouragement would be much appreciated! :)
Where did you get your TF PRO test kit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.