Spillover trickle

It was a combination of two things. Water flow/pressure and I had a nick in one of the joints where the spillover coping meets. Since it's nearly 5' it is made up of 3 pieces joined with grout. Once I got the filter clean and flow adjusted it would spillover about 1 out of every 3 times it turned on. If it had the least bit of slickness the water found the groove in the grout line and trickled under. After bringing this up to the PB, they had their tile guy come out, sand it smooth and square and regrout it flush. That was the biggest difference maker and I'd say we go 8 out of 10 times without having to manually get the water flowing over the spa face.

Overall the spillover has been a disappointment tho. Even with the fix, water still trickles down the spa face under the sheer waterfall enough to create haze buildup on the glass tile in a matter of a couple of days. It really takes so much of the luster out of the spa tile and creates a contrasting look of the tile that doesn't get wet if it's not kept very clean. Maybe one day I'll look into someone carefully adding the mentioned grooves to minimize the spill-under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy,

The haze/evaporate build up is common to ALL spillway type features whether it be shear descent, scuppers or spillways. It's caused by the falling water and there is no getting around. There's not much more you can do to your spillway to change this. In practical terms, you just need to acid clean the tile more often.

That's simply life with a water feature.

Grumpy,

The haze/evaporate build up is common to ALL spillway type features whether it be shear descent, scuppers or spillways. It's caused by the falling water and there is no getting around. There's not much more you can do to your spillway to change this. In practical terms, you just need to acid clean the tile more often.

That's simply life with a water feature.

They don't tell you that in the tile magazines ;) It's fine but definitely makes me work for the look.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.