Spilled concrete stain in pool

May 27, 2019
Charlotte
Hi everyone, new poster here. I had a bit of a mishap today. I was touching up some stain on my concrete coping surroundings my pool, when I accidentally spilled about 4-5 oz of oil based concrete stain in the pool. To make matters worse the pool was running and was near the intake.

I was able to clean it up in a couple hours, most of it floated and was stuck together so was easy to skim. Some did probably get into the filter. It seemed to all float though. How worried should I be?

I have a 3 year old 10k gallon salt water fiberglass pool with a sand filter. I did call my pool installer, how did pick up on a holiday. He didn't seem overly worried because it was a small amout.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Welcome to the forum!
I doubt it did anything. You can't damage a sand filter unless you put pool store potions (glue) into them.
You might see it gum up the waterline tile or the inside of the skimmer some. Use Simple Green or similar to clean it off.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.