Spider gasket

Anyone replaced their spider gasket?
Im not a very handy guy how hard is this pretty nervous about taking this a part.
You can do it! :goodjob: Just take your time. Have some pool silicone available if required for your application, and take a pic of the valve before opening and once opened as a visual reference. Make sure to place the top part back in the exact same position. There are tons of videos on YouTube as well.

Its a slow steady trickle from the backwash pipe. I used silicone prior to placing everything back. The leaking is not as bad but still there.
The pool store sold me the entire innards not just the gasket. Also the handle was loose so I replaced the spring underneath the handle.

That would work for a temporary fix. When you have time pull the multiport off again and check if all the o-rings are in place and lubed with silicone pool lube. Check that the spider gasket is glued down tight and inspect the plastic parts for cracks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.