Spider Gasket replacement?

NjPool84

Jun 9, 2017
Hackettstown, NJ
Hi,
I have a post/thread going on about DE getting into my pool when the pump is running. Reference DE getting into pool . You'll be able to read everything I've tried and Im nearly out of options aside from replacing the Spider Gasket or all of the grids even though they all, individually, have been inspected by multiple trained eyes up close and carefully.

Does this spider gasket need replacement? See the small 'tear' below. Could this be causing DE to leak into my returns when the pump is running? Or should I not bother with the headache of pulling this out, scraping residue for 2 hours, and placing a new one in hoping I did it correctly.

Thoughts? (BTW, its 3 yrs old).

spidergasket.jpg

spidergasket2.jpg

I would change it if it was mine. It's not very hard to do now that you've got the MPV open. They are usually just tacked into position with glue, so at those spots you may need to scrape out some debris. A medium size or small flat bladed screwdriver works. Then likewise when putting the new one in, just put a drop of correct glue in a half dozen spots.

Here's a video that may be helpful:

You might even find one on YouTube for your exact filter.

You can also find videos for taking the top of the valve apart, maybe replace the spring, and lube everything up which makes an MPV feel brand new.

I hope you get it solved without too much trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.