Spider gasket removal- HELP

Sprinkles

Jun 16, 2020
Lancaster pa
I watched several videos to replace spider gasket . Looked fairly easy! Wrong ! I have a pentair 6 mutiport valve and it's totally glued down, was wondering if there's something to use to help it along (or would it ruin anything) or any specific tools that would make the process easier? And how clean must it be if I'm lucky enough to get it off? And can I just spot glue the new one? And how long should I leave pump off before starting? One last question- I started this last night around 6:00 pm - how long till it affects water chemistry ? It's June but cooler than normal right now but then again the weathers been greatly fluctuating here in Pa. Thanks for any greatly appreciated advice in advance. I hope I don't have to purchase a whole new unit. Money is very tight right now

Hi, welcome to TFP! Some spider gaskets are replaceable and some technically are not, however you do not need to buy a whole new multiport valve. The non-replaceable ones are sold with the diverter, like this example Pentair PacFab 6 Way 1-1/2
The old gasket may be difficult to scrape off, but if it is totally glued down then the replacement gasket should be totally glued down. Which model filter is the multiport valve for?

It looks like you need to keep scraping. Did it come with adhesive or recommend which adhesive to buy? I would follow cure time recommendations on the adhesive before turning on the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.