Spa went empty

Txguy83

Apr 25, 2021
Houston
Good morning, I was trying to make the Spa get hot, I’m new to this & whatever I did pretty much drained all the water from my Spa yesterday. Usually every night a spill over occurs into the pool. How do I get my water back in. I’m going to post a before pic before I turned everything. I’ have put everything back the way it was!
Thanks for any help

Attachments

• 113C2789-EE1B-4957-841E-2D08561D8D76.jpeg
    113C2789-EE1B-4957-841E-2D08561D8D76.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 96F0249B-0EED-491C-A2B1-C5F38533B91B.jpeg
    96F0249B-0EED-491C-A2B1-C5F38533B91B.jpeg
    652.7 KB · Views: 15
Do you have an automation system? Please post a picture of it as some have specific settings for spa fill and spa drain.
It appears you have valves open to create suction from the spa but the return is to the pool - thus emptying the spa. It is hard to tell in your pictures because your pipes are not marked. What does the pipe lead to that is on the left and right of each valve on both suction and return side?

@HermanTX I don't think there is automation because there are no actuators on the valve handles.

I see your valves are pointed away from each other. The valve that is after the salt water cell is the return line, I bet that goes back and forth between the spa and pool. The other valve by the pump is probably the same. I bet if both valvles are pointing in the same direction its either spa or pool. Try turning the valve by the pump the other way so it pulls from the pool and the other valve the other way so it sends it to the spa.. That should refill it.
If my guesses are correct you probably have your line set to send a trickle into the spa put most to the pool in normal operation, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.