Spa Water leaching back into pool when pumps are off.

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
I've had this problem over the years and replacing the washer inside the end cap in the pic has fixed the problem. Not this time though and I'm on my 2nd replacement washer in a month. What else could be wrong? Could the spring or the mushroom insert need replacing? What is the name of this area so when I'm searching I can home in on the correct parts. The washers I get from Lowes and cut out the center hole to fit over the mushroom retainer.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200202_105800_resized.jpg
    20200202_105800_resized.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 15
I'm just trying to guess how these things work. I assume that when pool pump is running the water pressure pushes the plastic valve back and allows some water flow through the spa piping. When pump shuts off the spring between the end cap and the valve pushes the valve forward thus creating a seal to stop spa water siphoning into the pool. If that is correct then either the spring is no good or their is binding in the valve assy or the washer isn't sealing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.