Spa Spillway Issue

russaggie

Bronze Supporter
Jul 27, 2017
San Antonio, Tx
We are just a couple of days away from gunite and have an issue with the spillways from our spa. We are supposed to have two 18" spillways. After the steel guys were done we didn't like the location of the spillways as one was going to spill onto our tanning ledge. We asked the PB to have both moved over 12 inches. He told us today the spillways had been fixed. So I get home and go to check. We now have a 25" spillway and a 31" spillway. I am not sure if that is something fixed by the gunite crew or if the steel guys need to add rebar back to make the spillways the correct size. The worst part is the one spillway will still pour into the tanning ledge....and they're not the same size. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My advice is make sure this issue is resolved before gunite is sprayed! They can do a lot while spraying and even things out but my experience is once gunite is contracted the crew works off that original plan and doesn't get change orders in a timely fashion. Make sure you are home for the gunite!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.