Gold Supporter
May 14, 2022
Northern CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm in the process of adding automation (Intellicenter) to an older pool/spa combo. The spa has a spillway about 1" above the pool and historically, I keep the multi-port valve splitting the pool return and the spa jets just slightly open to the spa jets so the spillway operates 8 hours a day. I have just two valves currently: 1.) suction from pool skimmer/main drain and spa drain, 2.) return to pool and spa jets. I would like to add a 3rd valve with an actuator so I can schedule a spillover mode for an hour a day but have full pool circulation the rest of the time. It seems with my current valves I can only adjust the return actuator cam stop to have spillover mode active all the time, never full return to pool.

Where does this 3rd valve go?

Pool Automation-11.jpg

Al,

The IntelliCenter, EasyTouch and IntelliTouch, all have a "spillover" mode. You really don't have to add a valve.

Basically, the automation sets your Intake valve to suck water from the pool and sets your Return valve to return the water to the spa.

You just schedule the spillover (Spillway) mode to come on once or twice a day, for half an hour, to keep your spa water fresh.

Both your Intake valve and Return valve should be set to move the complete 180 degrees, so nothing should be offset.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.