Spa spillover material

Wrendor

Sep 19, 2020
Tampa, FL
Hello all! It's my first post here - we just finished and put water in our 10k gal pebble finish pool this week.

As it turns out, my wife hates the color of the marble spillover material between the spa and pool. Our PB says it's either the brown color marble (which we have) or a white that won't match any of the other materials out there.

My wife wants a blue color if possible. Has anyone had any success with Corian or quartz in a salt pool? The size needed is 48x12.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2E52398D-04FB-423E-B7AF-D9C4520EE25A.jpeg
    2E52398D-04FB-423E-B7AF-D9C4520EE25A.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 48
I've got to say, that brown looks very good to me! Quite attractive. IMO, changing it to a blue isn't going to look very good as it will never match the water color in spa or pool and could look just "odd".

Did you two pick out the spill over color? Could it just be a matter of growing on her?

Maddie

My first impression - I like it as well!!! The only other idea - but it will cost some $$$ - is to put a center support and continue your coping over it. Thus the spillover will be a tunnel. That is how mine is set up (that is how it was originally designed). That gives you a continuous look on your coping and you do not have to remove the base of your spillover.

Yeah, to me, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The color doesn’t match the rest of the spa materials so it looks like this big tan blob floating in space.

You could just tile over it using the same waterline tile from your pool. Just keep the grout lines tight and make sure they use epoxy grout on it to avoid moisture incursion. You can lay some extra tile over it to see what it would look like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.