Spa side placement

May 12, 2015
Raleigh, NC
My spillover spa is finally getting completed! One final question I had is where to place the spa side control, any thoughts? My current idea is on the top coping on the left side as you face the spa (it will be stoned in), this way you can walk up to it and also access it easily from inside the spa. I've been also hearing I should consider it on the side of the spa and not on top coping or to potentially not have a spa side control at all. BTW I have a Pentair Easy Touch control panel.

Personally I like the idea of a control that lives by the spa - I can currently control my spa with my phone, but I figure the control would be nice for when my wife or friends are out there and want to control it as well. Are there other options I should consider? And any thoughts on placement/things I should maybe consider?

Thanks!!
IMG_20200127_100349.jpg

M,

I would want it so that you could use it from inside the spa, that means mounting it on the coping. The main problem with spa side remotes is that they collect moisture and then the buttons start to corrode. So, if possible, have your coping guy design a spot for it where it won't be sitting in any splash out from the spa. I would also see if the design of the rocks and coping could provide a place where it could be mounted vertically, so that you don't have to stand up to use it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.