Spa pack for coast spa

Jul 17, 2013
We were given a ”free” 2006 Coast spa hot tub. The shell is in great shape but one of the pumps is seized and the heater is tripping the GFCI. There is no longer a local dealer and I can’t find the right heater element online. I could get the pump rebuilt locally. I discovered spa packs on one of the questions here but I have a few questions about them
- the spa has 3” plumbing. Do I need a 3” spa pack? Do they exist? Or can we just use a reducer to convert to 2” and then back to 3?
- if I get a new spa pack and control panel that work together, what do I have to watch out for compatibility with the current hot tub?
- would new pumps be more efficient?

The hot tub does not appear to be leaking.
Thanks

I just looked at a couple sites, seems like the thing to do... Connecting to the old pipes should be no problem at all going from 2 inch to 3 inch.. most of the new spa pack would be getting everything you want now and adding/converting it...
I would get a small 1/8 hp circulation pump, like this one to filter and heat and not use a 1hp motor on low speed as that is pulling massive power just to circulate... get a big huge filter, I had a 100 sq ft filter on mine and loved it...

I hope this helps (y)

Reactions: aeramsay
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.