Spa Jets

aarora

May 4, 2022
Michigan
Hello everyone, looking for help if anyone can.

I have a gunite pool with a built in spa.
The spa jets are fed by the single pump for the system and a blower. With the blower on and RPM a max for the pump, there is a nice stream of even water/bubbles, EXCEPT at two nozzles. Initially it used to be one over the last couple years, and now the issue is also with another. The are next to each other. There is minimal water flow and too much air. There is no similar issue with any of the other nozzles. Trying to block a nozzle elswhere to increase water pressure does not help.

The spa jets have an exterior rotating massage fitting. This is removed.
The first picture shows the interior fitting. IT is recessed about 6 inches. I was able to remove it with one of those special socket pipes they provide for new sink installs (fit perfectly).
Second picture shows it removed. Bad picture quality. I'll try again later if nothing strikes a chord with anyone. The central piece has no opening. The spacing between the two circles is a few millimeters.
There is no blockage as far as I can see. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do here to diagnose this issue. My thought is that it is a local issue at each of the nozzles because at initial install there were no problems.

Thank you everyone

A.

IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0287.jpeg

How is the flow without the rotating jet head? Have you switched heads with the ones that are working with the ones that aren’t to rule out the jet heads?
I would remove all jet heads and orifices and try and flush the lines, if i thought the problem wasn’t related to the jet heads.

Tried that this afternoon. Flow is still much less in those two heads regardless of fixture status (massaging rotating head, the internal nozzle I removed) or pump speed. I just don’t know if there is something else to do with what’s left inside the pipe—-I can’t figure out if that’s a removal part and/or how to take it out. I’m scouring the internet to find something to matches.

Hello everyone, looking for help if anyone can.

I have a gunite pool with a built in spa.
The spa jets are fed by the single pump for the system and a blower. With the blower on and RPM a max for the pump, there is a nice stream of even water/bubbles, EXCEPT at two nozzles. Initially it used to be one over the last couple years, and now the issue is also with another. The are next to each other. There is minimal water flow and too much air. There is no similar issue with any of the other nozzles. Trying to block a nozzle elswhere to increase water pressure does not help.

The spa jets have an exterior rotating massage fitting. This is removed.
The first picture shows the interior fitting. IT is recessed about 6 inches. I was able to remove it with one of those special socket pipes they provide for new sink installs (fit perfectly).
Second picture shows it removed. Bad picture quality. I'll try again later if nothing strikes a chord with anyone. The central piece has no opening. The spacing between the two circles is a few millimeters.
There is no blockage as far as I can see. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do here to diagnose this issue. My thought is that it is a local issue at each of the nozzles because at initial install there were no problems.

Thank you everyone

A.

View attachment 406858
View attachment 406859
it's a bit blurry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.