Spa jet eyeball part hunt

Nunya999

Apr 6, 2021
Winston-Salem, NC
I would welcome some help finding 2 eyeball parts that go inside existing spa jets for a concrete spa that has a spillover function into my in ground gunite pool. I believe the pool and spa were built about 15 years ago. There are six spa jets, and 2 of them are missing the removable "eyeball" inserts that I need to find and replace.

I have attached 3 photos. Photo collage 1 shows a jet with the eyeball in place, shows me removing it (by turning sideways and rotating to the proper orientation to remove; note that there is not a removable retaining ring) and pictures of the jet opening without the ball in place. Photo collage 2 shows the ball part removed for size and perspective. Photo 3 is a parts list in the binder that came with the house and pool -- we did not own the home when the pool was installed so I have no idea if this parts list contains the information for these jets that were installed back then or not.

I so much appreciate any help you can give for an idea where I might be able to get the replacement eyeballs for 2 of these jets!

Attachments

• 1-Spa Jet removing ball part.JPG
    1-Spa Jet removing ball part.JPG
    583.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2-Spa Jet Ball part needed.JPG
    2-Spa Jet Ball part needed.JPG
    613.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3-parts list from when spa was built.JPG
    3-parts list from when spa was built.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 12
That entire ring that is against the pool wall needs to be pried out and replaced with these:

Waterway Plastics Return Eyeball Fitting Self Alignment Gray | 550-9237​

New ones are then pressed into the pipe. I usually use a 2" coupler to drive them in. Place the coupler over the eyeball and tap with a hammer just hard enough to get the fitting to snap into the pipe.

Reactions: Nunya999
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.