spa fountain Q's...

7snorkel

Bronze Supporter
Mar 31, 2016
Plano, TX
Our pool spa standpipe won't stay in place. It appears that the base fitting thread is stripped.

I've tried some teflon tape on the standpipe and it doesn't help.

the spillover looks plenty good w/o the standpipe, but when the pool shuts off, the spa drains down a bit (perhaps to pool level)
Not really sure if it would drain all the way or not. Does this actually drain back into the pool? haven't really paid attention to this part.

what are our options here?

is it a big deal to go without the standpipe, and just let the water drain down a bit each night?

how much is involved in repairing/replacing the base fitting?

any other remedies i haven't thought of, but you have....?

Thank you.

Hope these pictures show up.....

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Yes, there is an Ortega Check Valve that i have now lubed heavily. It's pretty worn, but I'll try that before the next step.

The next step would be finding a PVC reducer that slips (or perhaps i'll need to glue it) into the hole in the spa floor, and has threads for perhaps a 1 1/4" male thread.

will need to cut the stand pipe a little and re-fit it with the smaller thread piece.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.