Spa draining to return jets level when pump is off

achern

Oct 17, 2022
Los Angeles
Hello All, I am new to this forum and need some help. I have a spa that is slightly higher than the pool. When pump is off, spa is draining to the level of jets. So far, I replaced bypass check valve, and internal parts of all three Jandy diverter valves including O-rings. Nothing helps. The problem is still there. Anyone have any suggestion on how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Spa.jpg
    Spa.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 16
A,

The check valve in your pic that you just replaced is what causes the spa to drain down in most cases. Since it is new, let's assume it is not the problem.

The jets plumbing could just be leaking into the ground, but not as likley.

The only other places that water can leak is at the spa drain or at the spa light.

You can simply take the spa drain covers off and plug the one pipe that leads back to the pump and see if the problem goes away.

I suspect that the water only drains down to just below the spa jets and stops, just because that is the same as the pool water level.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'm gonna ask, because I hate to assume, and I can't see the markings, you made sure to install the check valve so that the flow was from the pool side, to the spa side, correct? If it was installed backwards that could still be the issue.

How long have you had this pool, and has this always been a problem, or did it just begin?

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.