Spa Blower Piping

hosseisemi

Oct 20, 2020
Montgomery, TX
When the plumbers set the equipment pad, they roughed the 2 inch PVC line that the spa blower line is attached to right in front of a kitchen window. I have a ton of space to reroute, but before I cut the line below ground to replumb I am curious if it is full of water or strictly an air line? I have no valve to isolate this line from the spa and I'm worried about water feeding in and draining my spa no to mention the mess it will make.

If the spa air line was installed properly there should be no water in it. However, not all builders install the air line in a separate loop around the spa above the water level and with a Hartford Loop. So there is no predicting what you will find.

full

Spa blowers are usually not glued on. There may be a small screw attached at the blower fitting that holds to the vent pipe. You can pull the blower off and drop a stick or smaller diameter PVC pipe down the vent to the cut point to make sure it's dry.

My system has the Hartford loop, but no check valve.

Spa blowers are usually not glued on. There may be a small screw attached at the blower fitting that holds to the vent pipe. You can pull the blower off and drop a stick or smaller diameter PVC pipe down the vent to the cut point to make sure it's dry.

My system has the Hartford loop, but no check valve.

Great suggestion. Mine is not glued so I will do just that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.