Spa Addition SoCal

matisoffn

May 29, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Recently found and joined this great community after purchasing a home with a pool. I have been researching adding a spa to my existing inground pool which is about 126 linear feet. In addition, estimates have included new plaster, tile, skimmer, and plumbing for the pool and spa.

Most of the estimates have been in the range of 22K to 27K. The price range for the spa addition is 9K to 11K, plaster 5K to 6K, tile 3K to 3K. I currently have a 333K BTU heater. One of my concerns is the cost to heat the spa if it is used daily. What is the community's thoughts on building it into the pool vs. getting an above ground spa, given frequent usage and SoCal location?

Thanks everyone.

Have you ever sat in a plaster spa? They do not have the oh so comfy seats the stand along spas do. Then there are the jets. A plaster jet is ehhhhh and only one in the back and maybe one at the feet. Now the stand alongs............oh my the jets here and there and all over wonderful.

Heating a plaster spa vs heating a stand along=HUGE difference as the stand along has the padded cover to retain the heat that you can just use the hinges to slide it off and out of the way where the plaster spa you will have a thin cover that you have to pull off to somewhere clean and then put back on.

So I bet you can guess which one I would do!!! Now if you do decide to the the plaster spa let us know and we can/will support you so make sure it is done right!

Kim:kim:

My spa is about 7' across. Heating just the spa for a soak in the winter costs about $5. It takes an hour or so to come up to temperature and then the heater pretty much has to stay running because the air bubbles are as cold as the outside air, and it's slowly warming the concrete shell, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.