Sorta new here, hello!

CrisH

Jun 1, 2019
Marietta, Georgia
I haven't posted in a long time so it does feel like I just joined. I've been a pool owner for almost 5 years and I love it although it's a lot of work and I'm basically the pool girl in our family. We only hire pros when we go on vacation or have a problem. Our pool is an 18'x36' rectangle with a deep end about 8 feet deep. Vinyl liner that was replaced last year. It's an old pool, probably at least 20 years old, sand bottom, wood walls, sand filter. I use liquid chlorine whenever possible and tabs in an inline chlorinator when we go away. The pool is usually problem-free until the dreaded mustard algae shows up. Here in Georgia that could be 2-3 times a year in summer. Last year I only had one algae bloom in August. This year it's been so hot and humid (and rainy) that I'm on to my 3rd algae bloom Dealing with that this week, ugh. Thanks for listening!

Attachments

• IMG_3669.jpg
    IMG_3669.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 3
Hello and welcome! If you are having algae problems, I would recommend posting up a thread in the algae forum. Be sure to include a set of latest test results as well as information about your pool.