Some advice needed on a pool leak.

Jun 5, 2017
Manchester NH
I have a small hexagonal pool with 2 returns and no main drain.
The closest return does show air bubbles when the pump is on. The far return does not.

For the past several years I've noticed that the pool loses water with the pump on.
I replaced both the pump and filter last year with brand new equipment and redid the plumbing above ground. There is no leakage there.
The water will get lower and lower, on occasion to the point where the skimmer is sucking in air.

I think that this points to my return which has air bubbles in it and not the skimmer. Thoughts on this?

Also, with a hexagonal pool would I expect 1 single return line to around the entire pool and the closest return line would simply be some sort of Tee off the return line? Only 1 return line is visible going into the ground from the pump.

If this is a problem with my return line, how would you approach the fix?
The pool is in-ground but is at the top of a sloping hill. I can dig from the side or from the top to get at the piping.

It's a liner.
This is truly embarrassing (pic) . I am in the middle of digging up all the old gravel around the pool, cleaning up the weeds and putting down river rock as a temporary solution before a true renovation can take place.

372bbfbe3c42bd402fd049ba88096cfb.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.