Solar Skimmers: Betta versus Ariel

I know this doesn't answer your question but just wanted to share that my Betta will get stuck at the skimmer entrance when I have my 2-speed on high speed (3450 rpm). When on low speed (1725 rpm) the Betta works fine.
Thanks, but I'm still not sold on a solar skimmer of any brand. My pool has two skimmers--one at the north end; one on the east side at sort of the southeast corner. Poolskim could be my third skimmer, on the west side near a place that tends to collect stuff from our normal south wind in the lee of the spa, which protrudes into the pool at the southwest corner. If Poolskim works, it would be an alternative to a solar skimmer, which would be still another electric device operating in the hostile salty chlorine environment of pool water.

Reactions: DanF
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what pump speeds do you use with the Poolskim? Does it work well at low speeds? I run my pump at 1650rpm (26 gpm). Any conflict with your robot?

Thanks. We now return to the solar skimmer thread. :)
I run for 4 hours at 2500 (for heat pump} and 6 hours at 1650. Poolskim seems to work fine at 1650, the higher speed earlier does clear to the pool fairly quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.