Solar Powered floating IONIZER

Rob R

Mar 25, 2017
Cape, Coral
Good Morning Forum Friends.

I Live in SUNNY & VERY HOT SW Florida. I have a smaller in ground pool 10,000 gallons. I seem to constantly have a issue with Green & sometimes Yellow Algae in the pool Last year I used a LOT more Liquid Chlorine and always keep my Chlorine count on the higher side. I have a friend who has been RAVING about his Reminfgton Solar power floating pool IONIZER and claims no more algae issues since he has used this in his pool the past two years PLUS he does NOT need to add Liquid Chlorine as often as before He too lives close to me

I would like this groups OPINION on these floating solar Ionizers

Kind Regards
Rob

Reactions: JoniTull
I'm just going to post what I always post when someone asks about this:
First, if you wanted copper in your pool you can just put copper in your pool, no need for an expensive device to slowly do it. But more importantly the answer to your question is yes, if your copper levels were high enough then algae probably wouldn't grow in the pool. Every surface would likely be stained and you will need to buy plenty of ketchup to counter the green hair, but yep, no algae. Also copper does very little to sanitize a pool, which is kind of a problem too if your FC is too low to kill bacteria but you assume everything is alright since there is no algae. So, as you might imagine, I don't actually recommend you or anybody puts copper in their pool.

If you are constantly having issues with algae then you aren't following the FC/CYA Levels. How are you testing your water?

As for your friend, I don't recommend taking pool care advice from someone who buys a product without actually understanding anything about it. Those are the kinds of people who fall for "I put a Magic Eraser in my skimmer and it soaked up all the algae" scams on Facebook. I usually recommend people who actively care for their pools and have clear water, they tend to know what they are doing.

Reactions: Krutz
I was “given” an in-line ionizer with my build and told to add a gallon a week of bleach (all at once) by the builder and that the ionizer would take care of the algae. I got algae almost immediately. Their advise was to “turn it up” and add two gallons a week. I struggled until we closed last year. In addition to algae and an unpleasant odor to the water, the liner was starting to stain.

I found this site over winter and started reading everything I could find in here. I turned off the ionizer and adopted TFP methods. The pool has been beautiful all season. The stains are slowly fading away from the liner.

Reactions: Krutz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.