solar pool heating

vsman

May 11, 2020
houston, tx, USA
so far all the articles on solar pool heating have a system with the water flowing after the pump to the solar collectors and then to the pool- in my mind - "in series". Has anyone knowledge of a parallel system?- a dedicated drain line from the pool to a pump to the solar collectors and then a return line? I am thing of having our PB install the dedicated drain and return line and then in the future if needed install the solar collectors.

so far all the articles on solar pool heating have a system with the water flowing after the pump to the solar collectors and then to the pool- in my mind - "in series". Has anyone knowledge of a parallel system?- a dedicated drain line from the pool to a pump to the solar collectors and then a return line? I am thing of having our PB install the dedicated drain and return line and then in the future if needed install the solar collectors.
So a second pump just for the heat? Should work fine, can’t think of why it wouldn’t.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.