orange county, ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
1. Do you guys know of an manufacturer who makes 6ft long panels? I have found Solar Industries Aquatherm in 4x6 but that's it.

2. I have a 400sf, 17k IG pool, and a small roof directly above pool equipment that faces 15degrees west of South at a 52 degree elevation which looks ideal for the shoulder months. Pool right now is at 83 with a solar cover on and zero heating. The roof is only 6ft from ridge to eave and 18ft long which is why I ask about 6ft systems. But maybe it's possible to run the upper header above the ridge and support it on the backside of the roof? I would love to place four 4x8 panels for 128sf which is still only 32% of my pool.

3. I plan to use the solar cover for a April/May and September/October just to push the season a bit. During heat of summer we like the pool as is around 80 degrees. Even right now at 83 is fine, but as the late afternoons get cooler, it would be nice to kick up to mid-high 80s. Is this realistic with 30% of the pool area?

4. I assume with such a small system I would be fine plumbing this in with 1.5" headers. Top of ridge is about 12ft above pump.

5. I have a 2.0hp Circupool pump that I run on 1250rpm most of the day with a couple jumps to 1800rpm. No automation but I could at least time a higher rpm setting to coincide with "prime" sun hours. Ideally these settings wouldn't change but I think they may have to? Any insight?

1. Hot2Sun makes cut to fit panels and headers

2. See #1

3. Probably not. For extended season at higher temps, you may need north of 100% coverage. Panel efficiency drops with air temperature.

4. Yes but given #3, you will probably need more panels

5. Probably would work but there is really no reason to run the pump outside of solar either.

128 sq-ft will raise water temps about 3F but a solar cover might give you up to 10F in temperature gain.

Thanks for the response. Yeah we are using a solar cover. Last time I checked a couple days back pool was at 83 but temps are dropping pretty quickly now.

If the 128sf solar would only bump by around 3 degrees I probably won't bother until I can add some more panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.