Solar heater after swcg?

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I just installed a circupool swcg (love it!) and now I've ordered solar heater panels to install on a ground level mount. I have read that the swcg should be the last item before the return. It would be far easier to install the solar panels after the swcg, but I am concerned about having problems with chlorine gas buildup in the solar panels when the pump and swcg are turned off.

edit: I have decided to install a 3-port diverter valve before the SWCG so that the water going into the solar panels bypasses the SWCG. I think there should still be enough flow for the SWCG to operate, and enough flow for the panels.

K,

The normal set up is that when solar is running the water will go through the solar panels and then back through the SWCG...

When solar is off, the water bypasses the solar panels and goes through the SWCG..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.