Solar Covers and pool ladders

Jun 3, 2018
Muncie
Hello all...
I just ordered a solar cover and a reel. I ordered the cover 20x40 so I had room to mess up with the cutting part. My question is what to do about the deep end pool ladder? Do you just cut the cover around it? Also the skimmer boxes? Thanks as always.

The ladder section can be cut so the cover fits and tucks underneath the first step and runs a little along the liner. In the skimmer, you can do the same, where it tucks in a little bit. But remember that if you are planning on using the cover while pump is running, surface water flow will be slowed down tremendously. In addition, I would recommend highly to keep chlorine levels higher than normal as I experienced some issues with the cover sitting on the pool for a few days. Only really use the cover in the beginning and end of the season and only overnight for about 8-10 hours at most.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.