Solar covers and heat?

Farmerstan91

Jun 28, 2019
Sw missouri
Finally got me a solar cover in last week after ordering one from pool supply world(never again) may 8 that never shipped and then 10 days from an amazon supplier. Instructions say over 90 degrees ambient or water temp can damage the cover. What should i do with because highs have been low 90s and my pool temp is up to 94 but its doing a great job limiting chlorine loss to sunlight (60% down to 20% on the swg) should i let it sit during the day and run the pool at night or pull the cover and leave the pool open?

I would pull the cover and leave the pool open. I use a solar cover in the beginning and end of our swim season to stretch out the time I can keep the pool open. My solar cover can increase the water temperature 10 or more degrees by reducing heat loss. I stopped using it a few weeks ago when we started getting consistently hot days and warmer night temperatures. If you don't leave the cover off, you won't get the evaporative cooling and your water temperature will stay high. Now that isn't a problem if you have a family member that loves that water temperature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.