Solar cover?

When you clip the reel's straps to the cover, you create an upfold in the cover as shown in this photo.
P2.JPG

I set the reel over the skimmer so this fold was in front of the skimmer mouth as shown my very rudimentary sketch. Before cleaning, I would add tension with the reel to create a higher dam.

20201005_082702.jpg

The upfold allows you to use high pressure water to blow leaves and debris towards the dam that can be directed into the skimmer.

I apologize if I've over-complicated things. This worked out real great on my previous pool.

I am on my second year with a solar cover. Night time loss
is small. My chlorine use is cut by more than half. As far as
heat gain. When I left the cover off in during the peak period.
I got about the same heat gain without the cover vs the cover
being on. The reason for removing the cover was to allow night
time cooling when my pool got above 90.

-Bigpaws

I have a kidney bean shaped pool, and I use a reel, but I take a somewhat different approach. My reel is at the end of the pool, just as it would be if my pool was rectangular. I cut a strip of my pool cover that's anywhere from 1 foot to 5 feet wide (depending on where you measure, because of the curves) and I pull that off by hand and roll it up. The remainder of the pool cover rolls up onto a reel at the end of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.