Solar Cover Recommendations

Feb 7, 2021
Knoxville, TN
Hi All,

I searched the forums, but I'm looking for any updated recommendations for solar covers (brand/model/vendor). They seem to not last very long, so I'm hoping someone may be able to recommend one that's lasted well for them. The other option I suppose is to get a cheapo and just count on throwing it away every year, but I hate being so wasteful.

Also, any recommendations on thickness? Any insight into how much more effective 16 mil is as compared to 14, 14 compared to 12?

Thanks in advance!

Cheapest and thinnest. They last 2 years, 3 years if you are lucky and properly store them when not on the pool. No difference in heat retention based on thickness.

As Marty posted. Cover them when rolled up in the sun. When you don't need to use it anymore during the summer, put it in a shady location. I would place my cover and reel under the trees in the back corner of my lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.