Solar Cover in the Winter

djust

Silver Supporter
Jun 22, 2016
Edmond, Oklahoma
Is there any harm in leaving the solar cover on the pool with the loop-loc cover over it for the winter ?
I am not closing the pool and will be running the pump when needed through the winter.
The solar cover is a pain to store when it's not on the pool.

I think you may find the environment between the covers a good place to breed algae.

I kept mine on last year to open one day and find algae that quickly got out of control. I plan on this year keeping it on until the water is too cold to swim taking it off and maintaining until it gets closer to swim season next March.

Get a roller which will make it very easy to put on and off. Then in the off season roll it up, cover with a black tarp and wrap a few bungee's around and store over next to the fence.
Won't the cover get slimey when its rolled and covered all winter, or do the cold Temps prevent that? I won't be able to get the dry before storing because It will be cold and snowing at that time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.