Solar Breeze for ultra fine particles and ducks?

eco-help

Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I read most of the threads on ducks OR solar breeze but didn’t find for both or if it handles fine particles.
Recently a family of ducks have decided to use the pool as a bath/room.. twice today and twice my lovely new warrior (thank you Marina Pools) cleaned it up.. but this is too much! I am going
to ruin my Precious! (Running so often) or my tile which is already falling off.
Can the solar breeze collect the tiny ultra fine stuff I use my fine net for? And is there any chance it will scare away the ducks?
In hope...
(Funny we saved a duckling from drowning when it was small, family ran away, now more grown they are fearless)

Last one: i see it’s “on sale” for $600 bit only 1 yr warranty
Someone mentioned asking for 3 yrs which makes me think it should be 2 standard then negotiate one more
Is there some strategy to either get the price down or negotiate a better warranty? $600 every One or two years wow

I would call the company directly. You can buy a second year warranty on it. If you have a credit card that extends the warranty use that and you will get your 3 years.

Sorry there is no remote control on it.

The collection area has a very fine filter. I would say on par with my fine net. Whatever the net will scoop up the Solar Breeze will scoop up.

As for ducks, no idea if it will scare them away. But it does a very good job of annoying my wife when she floats in the pool, so I assume it will annoy the ducks as well.

I would call the company directly. You can buy a second year warranty on it. If you have a credit card that extends the warranty use that and you will get your 3 years.

Sorry there is no remote control on it.

The collection area has a very fine filter. I would say on par with my fine net. Whatever the net will scoop up the Solar Breeze will scoop up.

As for ducks, no idea if it will scare them away. But it does a very good job of annoying my wife when she floats in the pool, so I assume it will annoy the ducks as well.
I meant remote for the Warrior SE Robot, but I would have had to upgrade significantly so it wasn't happening.
Thank you, I will give them a call. Much appreciate the response :)

This thread was very timely for me. I was looking for something to clean the water surface. I’m in AZ and don’t have issues with leaves but some pollen and bugs galore. I am also OCD about our pool water, plus I think if I get any water in my mouth for whatever reason, horseplaying, there’ll be a fly or a bee along for the ride. :puker:
I ordered the NX2 through a company called Wellbot, we’ve used them before. They have a 10% off deal right now, using coupon code lovemom and have free shipping. I also added a 3yr warranty for 80 bucks. I’m optimistic ?

I was happy with my solar breeze until it died. Rather than spend $170 for their rebuild fee, I decide my fine rake is adequate. I do have a poolskim with a 5 gallon fine paint filter on it. It gets 95% of pollen and bugs when pump is on high. Poolskim gets 5x the debris my pool skimmer pulls in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.