West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
After almost 3 years my Solar Breeze NX finally gave up. It looks like there is a sale on the NX2. $50 off and an extra year warranty. With the extra year the credit card gives me that should make a 3 year warranty which seems to be the life span.

The pool already looks terrible without it cleaning up. Looks like I am going to pull the trigger on the new one.

After almost 3 years my Solar Breeze NX finally gave up. It looks like there is a sale on the NX2. $50 off and an extra year warranty. With the extra year the credit card gives me that should make a 3 year warranty which seems to be the life span.

The pool already looks terrible without it cleaning up. Looks like I am going to pull the trigger on the new one.

What were the most common failure modes or problems? Did you have it repaired at all or did it just up and die? If you had repaired, who did the warranty work? Did your skimmer not work well enough or did they both capture about the same amount of stuff?

$600 is very pricey for a surface skimmer. An entry level Dolphin robotic cleaner costs that much. That’s not an apples to apples comparison given each does a different type of cleaning, but it’s worth noting the scale in costs.

Reactions: BowserB
That is actually an interesting question. So the unit never seems to just fail, but it does degrade slowly over time. Starting last year the gears or motors skip or don’t run as smooth. A few months ago I could not turn the unit off. Of course over time the batteries degrade, and as of a few days ago complete failure. I could probably try to take it apart and see what I can fix, and I might end up doing that at some point.

Also my skimmer does not work well. After the pool renovation, I just cant seem to get a weir door to work. So I have that issue.

I agree $600 is a lot of money especially for a unit that fails every 2.5 years. I probably could have been more diligent last year and got it repaired under the credit card warranty. Just with life going on I missed the opportunity.

I wish one of the big box stores sold these and at the check out when they ask if I would like the 5 year warranty for $65 my answer would be yes. I used to buy that warranty for the Mosquito Magnets that had the same problem, they would die in about 2 to 3 years and had several replaced that way.

Anyway with the extra warranty special they are having and with the credit card extension. I am covered for 3 years. I will put in several calendar notifications to remind me in 2.8 years to have the unit repaired.

These things live 7/24 in the pool. They are exposed to the south Florida sun all the time and the chlorinated water. They are going to fail. Now if with some warranty voodoo I get 6 years instead of 3 will be happy. $100 per year for a skimmed pool is not a bad price to pay.

I am hate having floatie things in my pool, and hate stuff on the bottom so I run my M500 a lot. This is just another robot that will help me enjoy my pool more.

The better answer is I can probably find a way to fix my weir doors on my two skimmers but I am just struggling with that for some reason.

Anyway I will call them and see if they can cut me a better deal since this will be my 3rd Solar Breeze. Hope to post a review when I get it.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.