Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi TFPers,
This will be my second go around w/ a solar blanket. I ordered my 8 mil and it is in-shipment now. 1st go around, I got 2 seasons out of it. It did the job (i.e. prevent heat loss, protect from evaporation). After I ordered, I browsed around another site (INYO Pools) and I saw they had some alternative products I did not know about to work in lieu of a cover. Natural Chemistry Cover Free liquid and also a Solar Pill. Do either of those work, or more so work as well as a solar blanket? Also, wouldn't you have to be worried about the safety of such products as far as if the water if ingested, etc.? I can't even imagine what type of synthetic chemicals they are composed of which are now going in the water and exposing my 4 yr olds to.

They are all basically the same, liquid, pills, fish, etc. They do work in perfect laboratory conditions. But, not not so much on your pool in your backyard. It works by putting a one molecule thick layer of alcohol on the pool to reduce evaporation. The problem is that even the slightest breeze will blow it all to one side. It is safe for your rug rats though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.