Solana TX Heating Cycle doesn't kick off.

evanwellens

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Stony Point, NY
I have a solana tx that was having issues with the temperature being way above the setting, so we compensated by setting the temp lower. Kept us going through the winter so we could tackle the project in the spring. Now the heating cycle never turns on. Pump works fine when manually activated. Not sure how to troubleshoot this any ideas ?

Probably a bad relay.

You have a multimeter?

Any wiring diagrams on any panels inside?

Check the fuses. I see four on the diagram.

Check for 120V between P20 and P21.

What does the writing say on the upper right?

Thank you again so much !!! I will check the voltage tonight. I believe that is the model number for the control box ? Looks like it says
Model Number SC-CF-P121-NE-LS-H1.0-WK
10671-01D

Attachments

• spa-circuit_2.PNG
    spa-circuit_2.PNG
    306 KB · Views: 2
I will check the fuses for continuity as well. Just curious when testing the relay the heat would need to be in demand, no ? How would I force the demand ? Apologies if there is something I'm missing.

Turn on the spa and turn up the temperature?

Searching on Model Number SC-CF-P121-NE-LS-H1.0-WK takes me to Gecko SSPA Cross Reference Guide That page says this would be the replacement for your board...

Read what they say here - Spa Control Box Repairs | SpaCare

Note: The two repair request we receive more then any other is "no heat and no power". Many times when we receive these repairs they work fine on our bench, we cannot do a thorough test for "no heat" if we do not receive the heater and pressure switch. Pressure switches are the number one cause for no heat as well as improper voltage to the control box from the house. Please make sure that you have the proper voltage by measuring across the L1 and L2 wires from the house at the same time, measuring from L1 or L2 to ground does not give a proper reading, also make sure all fuses have been checked. If you are getting any error codes in the topside display, you may want to locate the meaning/s and the steps to remedy at this link Spa Side Error Codes.

Waiting for the rain to stop so I can take the readings. When I normally adjust the temp, it's not instant maybe 15 20 minutes. Perhaps replacing the control box is a way to get rid of all these problems. I have no problem doing the job, but would it be compatible with things like my control panel etc.... Would hate to throw away 400+$

Waiting for the rain to stop so I can take the readings. When I normally adjust the temp, it's not instant maybe 15 20 minutes. Perhaps replacing the control box is a way to get rid of all these problems. I have no problem doing the job, but would it be compatible with things like my control panel etc.... Would hate to throw away 400+$
Ok I only saw 3 fuses.. I tested the big one removed the other 2 in place as they would be difficult to remove. All had continuity. Also checked continuity between P20 & P21 and it was connected which surprised me if they represented a relay with no power ( all of this done unplugged) .

Plugged in , turned heat up , came back 15 min later. No 120 betweek P20 & P21

Any other suggestions ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also checked continuity between P20 & P21 and it was connected which surprised me if they represented a relay with no power ( all of this done unplugged) .

Did you have the heater wires disconnected from P20 & P21 when you did that test?

Did you test the continuity and resistance of the heater wires that were connected to P20 & P21?

Plugged in , turned heat up , came back 15 min later. No 120 betweek P20 & P21

Sure sounds like something on the board is not supplying 120V to the heater.

Also tried jumping the pressure switch. That ended up making the 3 dots come back after a spell

What are the 3 dots that came back?

Did you have the heater wires disconnected from P20 & P21 when you did that test?

Apologies I missed that step.

Did you test the continuity and resistance of the heater wires that were connected to P20 & P21?

Yes there was continuity.

Sure sounds like something on the board is not supplying 120V to the heater.

Could I jump the relay as a diagnostic step ?

What are the 3 dots that came back?

Originally I would get 3 blinking dots now and then would just bounce the power and they would go away. Way back I read this was possible a bad pressure switch. Changed it out and it worked for a while without issue.

Wondering if it just makes sense to swap out the controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.