Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Calcium hardness I realize is not vital for a vinyl pool according to TPF. Other internet sources say it is because water will find calcium somewhere. Until this year, I never worried about calcium.
Anyways. If I test my ch with the 25ml sample, I come up with 400ppm. I’ve done it a dozen times. If I test with a 10 ml sample, it’s 50ppm. Dozen times again. That’s a big difference. I have pool test strips. Hth and clorox brand. Both of them register my ch as like non existent too. My well water is soft. Hard to believe (get it🤣) it’s an anomaly for the region. Iron is the only trouble it gives us. I know in all this reading someone is gonna get stuck on test the strips. Don’t use test strips, I get it. But the drop test is wonky. To be absolutely clear, I shouldn’t have as much calcium that the 25ml sample is showing. How would I have got it in there? I’ve not added calcium. NONE! The 15,000 gallons of city water in there is also low in calcium. The pool filler people use a certain metered spigot based on the water chemistry to fill pools.

Are you multiplying the drops correctly? For the 25 mil sample you multiply by 10. For the 10 mil sample by 25.

Ah heck. I’ve been doing the 25ml wrong the whole Dang time. Lol. How did I not see that? So the strips are right too. I’d have to add like 60lbs of calcium to get to 300. I ain’t doing it. This is hilarious. Thanks. Evidently I can times by 25 but not by 10. I’m gonna laugh all night about this. PS. I failed math miserably. What a hoot. (My husband’s saying “that’s my girl”.😂

We've all been there. :)

full

• Haha
Reactions: Selenap and Snoobug
Ah heck. I’ve been doing the 25 wrong the whole Dang time. Lol. How did I not see that? So the strips are right too. I’d have to add like 60lbs of calcium to get to 300. I ain’t doing it. This is hilarious. Thanks. Evidently I can times by 25 by not by 10. I’m gonna laugh all night about this. PS. I failed math miserably. What a hoot. (My husband’s saying “that’s my girl”.😂
Don't beat yourself up. I have a degree in mathematics and have had some pretty stellar moments myself. Now that's embarassing! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Selenap
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.