lordmundi

Apr 25, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
From the looks of it, I'm guessing I can just unscrew the connection and put the fittings back on and re-tighten? I am at work right now, but thought I would post a picture here just in case folks had any advice before I try to repair this when I get home from work. (this is the pump for the cleaning robot, but with this break there I can't run the main filter pump)

PXL_20210714_122924641.jpg

It’s a compression fitting so hopefully you can re-compress it. You may need to shave off an inch to get fresh material. Looks like there isn’t a lot to play with so try it as is before cutting.

Based on your picture, I don't see a retaining clip and there should NOT be a need for silicone thread sealant (i read that as silicone caulk). @Mike1162 suggestion of adding some 90 degree fittings is a good one. It seems there is a bit too much stress on the tubing. Adding one or more 90's to better line up with the direction the tubing is going will help to alleviate that stress and also provide some needed slack in the tubing.

Reactions: Newdude
Based on your picture, I don't see a retaining clip and there should NOT be a need for silicone thread sealant (i read that as silicone caulk). @Mike1162 suggestion of adding some 90 degree fittings is a good one. It seems there is a bit too much stress on the tubing. Adding one or more 90's to better line up with the direction the tubing is going will help to alleviate that stress and also provide some needed slack in the tubing.
this is a great idea. Do you or @Mike1162 have a suggestion for what fittings/parts to buy to put in a 90 degree elbow?

Pull the present fitting that screws into the booster pump. Take that and the compression fitting & nut with you to the store. Should be easy to rig something up. It might be best to have the combination of fittings pointing directly toward where the tubing run is - the less strain on the compression fitting the better.

You may wish to consider doing the same on the inlet/suction side of the pump as well - based on the pic you posted, its a bit strained as well.

I'm thinking two elbows. One coming out of the pump parallel to the house & the other pointing away from the house & pointing down at about 45 degrees. Not sure if you can get elbows with male & female threads. Think I'd try a pool store first. Agree with taking the current fitting to the store with you. If you can't find threaded elbows gluing PVC is quite easy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the exact issue at one of my pools except it didn't pull out yet. Just knocked a wooden stake below the mid point leaving it tall enough to support the arch of the flex. Then drilled a hole in the wood and used a long zip tie to come over the flex. Now no more sag and it can't fall off either.

I'm thinking two elbows. One coming out of the pump parallel to the house & the other pointing away from the house & pointing down at about 45 degrees. Not sure if you can get elbows with male & female threads. Think I'd try a pool store first. Agree with taking the current fitting to the store with you. If you can't find threaded elbows gluing PVC is quite easy.
So is there a name for this type of hose to help me with searches? Just trying to avoid going to the store. Unfortunately there are lots of other pool hoses that are not this so I'm not sure what google-fu to use for this type of hose. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.