So, plaster for the third time...

Socks!!! It’s so great to hear from you and finally see your pool in all its glory. Despite the dramas you have had yet again I think your pool looks beautiful! The water looks tops too! Pb and subs are enough to drive you nuts with their lack of care and attention. You have a great result and even if some minor streaking remains I promise you they no one else will notice. Enjoy [emoji474]*♂️

Hi socks. I’m way late to the party here but wanted to let you know that another poster, poolguyinCT, had tried the commercial version of this prefilter with reported success:
FillFast Professional Pre-Fill For Swimming Pools - CuLator Metal Eliminator and Stain Preventer

If you look around the site, they make a consumer version as well.

You just use it for top ups and maintain the rest with continued sequestrant, or if the sequestrant wears off too fast because it’s a high ppm, you could try to set up a filtering session with a submersible pump for a few days...that’s what pool guy did for one of his customers.

Hope that helps you STAY blue ;)
Cheers, swampie

Hi socks. I’m way late to the party here but wanted to let you know that another poster, poolguyinCT, had tried the commercial version of this prefilter with reported success:
FillFast Professional Pre-Fill For Swimming Pools - CuLator Metal Eliminator and Stain Preventer

You just use it for top ups and maintain the rest with continued sequestrant, or if the sequestrant wears off too fast because it’s a high ppm, you could try to set up a filtering session with a submersible pump for a few days...that’s what pool guy did for one of his customers.

Cheers, swampie

Swampwoman - I see you are in Michigan!
I posted it elsewhere, but I had such a bad iron neighborhood - I did a search for iron mines in the USA. & Michigan came up first. I reached out to some Michigan builders & they gave the Culater system the green light.

Socks!!! It’s so great to hear from you and finally see your pool in all its glory. Despite the dramas you have had yet again I think your pool looks beautiful! The water looks tops too! Pb and subs are enough to drive you nuts with their lack of care and attention. You have a great result and even if some minor streaking remains I promise you they no one else will notice. Enjoy [emoji474]*♂️

Riley! It's like old home week with everyone checking in that was SO helpful during my mini breakdowns. You are exactly right about no one else noticing. I'm just to the point where I don't want them to do anything else to it. My husband had another pool company come out and look at the plaster and give his opinion. First of all, he mentioned several times how much he loved the shape and color. I was happy since I designed it...lol. Told him I'd do them for his customers for a small fee LOL. He did say that he could see where the acid burned the plaster in a few areas, but told me that eventually it would probably blend in those areas as well. That was good enough for me. He mentioned that they sometimes do acid baths on pools that have this problem, and I was like no way. I don't want to take the chance to mess up the abalone shell (which he kept calling sparkly flecks, I guess they don't use it in their pools) which is everywhere in my pool. They say you can't usually see it in the deep end of the pool (ours is 8 feet in the deep end), but you can really see it in ours. We just plan on enjoying it for what we have left of the summer :) Thanks for all your help!

Cheers, swampie

So funny, I found the same thing AFTER all of this happened. I did get the CuLator packets for the scupper. We do plan on trying out the bucket and pillow stuffing method to filter (just because my husband will love trying that out). Thanks for the info!

I usually don’t like Tahoe Blue because they are usually more green and natural looking, but yours is beautiful. Love the color, and I absolutely LOVE your glass tile for your steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.